Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
We are currently seeking a clinical therapy manager.
Job Location: Portland, OR
Clinical Therapy Manager
CLINICAL THERAPY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Search for pirate’s treasure, fly in rocket ships, and swim with sea turtles in a bright and inviting OT gym. Explain the physiological and emotional impact of impaired sensory processing to parents in ongoing parent education sessions. Collaborate with Sensory KIDS colleagues in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings. Embark on new paths for expanding perspective and skill with employer-sponsored continuing education. Grow as a therapist.
Sensory KIDS is seeking a clinical therapy manager/occupational therapist and a part-time occupational therapist to join a busy practice providing support to children and families living with sensory challenges. Therapy is provided at Sensory KIDS with a strong focus on relationship-building between therapists, clients, and families. Drawing on the work of Dr. Lucy Miller, Dr. Stanley Greenspan, Dr. Ross Greene, Dr. A. Jean Ayres, and others, occupational therapists at Sensory KIDS maintain a clinically-rigorous focus that integrates holistic strategies for supporting the whole child and family system.
Occupational therapists at Sensory KIDS provide dynamic, responsive, and individualized therapy to clients across the lifespan. Whether working with toddlers or adults our therapy is family-centered. We integrate sensory- and relationship-based methods with a focus on self-regulation. From the evaluation process through the completion of therapy, therapists at Sensory KIDS create an environment of collaboration with clients and families to maximize individual potential and family success. Therapists engage clients, empower families, and collaborate with colleagues to deliver exceptional services.
CLINICAL THERAPY MANAGER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Current Oregon occupational therapy licensure
- At least five years pediatric occupational therapy experience
- Management or leadership experience
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Continuing education in sensory processing/sensory integration
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity (crawling, jumping, lifting, climbing, etc.) for multiple consecutive hours during each work day
- Passion for learning new theoretical perspectives, interpersonal skills, and treatment strategies
- Desire and skill to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to direct self in prioritizing work, attending to demands, and problem-solving
- Clear, direct, and compassionate communication skills with children and adults
- Commitment to serving diverse families with responsive and culturally-competent care